Friday, July 18, 2008

I used to be a Runner...

How i could wish i can go back on those days that i used be very energetic and lively. yeah, i'm still lively at this time but not as what i used to be. I remembered on my grade school life, i am popular in school for being an athlete and that feeling is nice. It's not because i'm popular but because i was vigorous and full of energy. I am one of the schools representative for running, and not to brag it, i can run fast just like i am flying. Back then i'm so tiny and i don't have that much weight on me. I miss my body size and for being a runner. I could not imagine, aging can change everything. Maybe one thing also, since i went to high school and college i stop running and concentrating on my studies. I don't pay too much attention on extra curricular activities, since i have to focus more on my academic subjects because i have to maintain my grades to stay on my scholarship. Back then i can still run very fast, might not be as fastest i am during in my grade school. But now, i am so clumsy, i can't even run fast and everything changed. I'm really wishing that i can go back to those days and make sure that i will stay fit til i will reach this age. Someone told me that it is not too late. But their is a lot wrong with me and i know i can't go back to that time. Anyway, I'm still very thankful that once in my life i was became a runner and i had a lot of fulfilled experiences during those years. I may not as vigorous and lively now but one thing i'm sure, I am happy though i still wish i can run fast!

10 comments:

Borneo Falcon said...

I used to be a runner too. Back when I was at school, more on 800m and 1500m. Now I run at a longer distance, around 3-5Km.

Michelle said...

wow, i never thought that you're a runner before. it's not too late my dear. i've seen individuals who managed to start working for their ambition late and they made it even if they thought they're too old to do what they thought they can't do but they did it anyway and they are happy that they tried. why don't you try running again if that's really what you want? but do it slowly, your body might not be ready for a very stressful activity. follow your heart coz that's where you find happiness but don't ignore your brain when it tells you to take a rest. good luck! :)

Eyebags said...

wow.parang di ko kaya yang laro na yan..hmm.

Anonymous said...

hi kate! i have not been one to jog or run. i dunno, i can't stand the juggling of my body. anyway, i admire runners, but it has not been my cup of tea. not even on a treadmill. hehe

Anonymous said...

hi sis, wow runner ka pala. I myself was a sprint runner in high school too (1st and 2nd yr) but since there are lots of training mom did not allow me kc daw mapapabayaan ang academics so I stop.

Pero ngayon pwede pa tau tumakbo hahah jogging na lng.

Avee's Adventures
Fil-Am Stories
Essay of Life
All About Reviews

Acyhome said...

U want it,U can run as U have feed to running. Running around our home, U can do it in the morning make our body healthy is it?? :)

Anonymous said...

chayooo ... maybe someday you can be winner... make a wish

.::. Vanny .:. said...

wow.. really?

i am a bad runner! wat i mean is.. i am worst! hahaha

Anonymous said...

aww...same gripe Kate. i used to be a sports minded before. I run and did this high jump thing...now I got chickened. oh-uhh
Happy monday! :)

The Islander said...

there will always be a second chance. and that chance wont fade out until you reach 61. hehe